I wrote this for my best friend, Jo;
MY BEST FRIEND
I have a friend with hair of gold.
Around her I’ll never feel old.
A cup of coffee you’ll always find;
Words of encouragement, always kind’;
An easy smile to brighten your day;
For all this you won’t have to pay!
Children hold a precious part
Of her great and generous heart.
Make them happy, watch her laugh;
Make them sad, she’s on the war path.
Kids bring out her inner child;
The game is on, gentle or wild.
If a joke you play, humour she doesn’t lack.
But revenge is sweet so watch your back.
To pull a prank, she’s first in line;
The only rule - would they? - then fine!
Scare her, a jig she’ll do,
And maybe make a puddle too
The ways of life aren’t always kind;
The road is rough with many a wind;
New experiences at every turn;
For a friend I always yearn;
Around one bend, skies were blue;
My life is richer, I met YOU!
Sharon Brunet
2000
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment